Sunday, September 13, 2009

Home?

Things are relatively hectic at the moment, but it amazes me how much pleasure can be found in chaos. In a matter of days I must find myself a place to live, someone to live with, a job, my bearings in this city and all the while find the time to breathe in and bask under the glory that this city beholds.
Moments ago I stood from my open window which looks south westerly onto the squalling city that appears meek against the vast mountain ranges that wake in the distance. As I leaned out into the afternoon sunshine and looked over the squalor that is mine, a distinct sound of an Italian opera could be heard flowing from a nearby window and out onto the afternoon haze. It was a perfect soundtrack as I watched children playing basketball, men riding home from work and women walking gaily down the street. In this chaos I had found perfection so uncanny that I couldn’t help by allow a smile to beam on my face. Home?

No comments:

Post a Comment